SO the good people at Jaguar have taken the covers off an all-new XF (no not that boxy old Falcon) – a lighter and more efficient, refined version of a car that already had legend status, and might we just say is a damned sexy beast pumping out up to 280kW of power.
Rather than spend paragraphs talking about what they’ve put on the table, here are the facts to help you decide if you really want one – all right who are we kidding – we know you really want one.
- Aluminium-intensive architecture
- Elegant, progressive design combines short overhangs and outstanding proportions with exceptional aerodynamic efficiency
- Segment-leading rear seat space: row-two occupants gain 15mm more legroom, 24mm more knee room and up to 27mm more headroom
- All-new optional 10.2-inch touchscreen infotainment system – InControl Touch Pro – offers door-to-door navigation, and 17-speaker, 825W Meridian digital surround sound
- Optional reconfigurable 12.3-inch TFT instrument cluster features four visual modes and full-screen navigation display
- Powertrains from 132kW Ingenium diesel to 280kW V6 supercharged petrol with eight-speed automatic transmission
- Double-wishbone and Integral Link suspension deliver exceptional ride comfort, handling, and unrivalled refinement
- All-Surface Progress Control enables smooth, effortless drive-away on low-friction surfaces such as snow and ice – all the driver has to do is steer
- The all-new XF offers a host of additional technology including optional full-LED headlights, an optional laser head-up display which delivers high-contrast colour images, autonomous emergency braking, adaptive cruise control with queue-assist, lane keep-assist, intelligent speed limiter and semi-automated parking
The all-new XF range will consist of: XF Prestige, XF R-Sport, XF Portfolio, XF S. Australian pricing is yet to be revealed.